Pediatric dentistry is a specialty dentistry that provides primary and comprehensive oral hygiene care for infants and children. Pediatric dentists are trained for the care of children’s teeth, gums, and mouth through the various stages of their growth.
In addition to the four years of required dental school, pediatric dentists complete an additional two years of residency training in dentistry for infants, children, and also teens. Pediatric dentists also understand how to examine and also treat children in ways that make them comfortable in conjunction with helping the patent feel at ease. In addition Dr. Arteaga uses specialty designed equipment and has the office decorated with children in mind.
At Dr. Arteaga Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we offer the following Pediatric dental services:
• Infant oral health exams
• Habit counseling (such as pacifier use and thumb sucking)
• Preventive dental care (including cleaning and fluoride treatments)
• Treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics)
• Treatment of cavities and tooth defects
• Management of gum diseases and gum conditions
• Treatment of dental injuries such as fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth